About Green Lease Leaders
Green Lease Leaders recognizes forward-thinking companies and real estate practitioners who break down barriers to high-performance buildings by revolutionizing leases to incorporate energy efficiency and sustainability.
The cumulative floor area of managed by Green Lease Leaders is now nearly 3 billion square feet, representing a huge potential for growth in green leases.
The Green Lease Leaders program is a reflection of dozens of conversations with commercial, retail, and industrial real estate leaders and other leasing stakeholders, as well as market progress in green, also known as "energy- and water-aligned" or "high-performance" leasing. Program participants may apply for recognition under Tenant, Landlord and/or Team Transaction categories. Learn more about how to apply.
- Aligns with EPA's new ENERGY STAR for Tenants recognition program
- Silver and gold recognition levels
- Silver level recognizes the implementation of green lease language in foundation corporate policies and standard lease forms
- Gold level recognizes the execution of green leases
Green Lease Resources
- Reference guides for tenants and landlords to support participants in identifying and documenting their green leasing best practices and to earn recognition as Green Lease Leaders.
- Online lease assessment to allow tenants and landlords to quickly determine opportunities for improvement.
- Case studies and tip sheets
Have feedback? Send it our way.