About Green Lease Leaders
Green Lease Leaders recognizes forward-thinking companies and real estate practitioners who break down barriers to high-performance buildings by revolutionizing leases to incorporate energy efficiency and sustainability.
Updates to Green Lease Leaders reflect dozens of conversations with commercial, retail, and industrial real estate leaders and other leasing stakeholders, as well as market progress in green, also known as "energy- and water-aligned" or "high-performance" leasing. Looking to become a Green Lease Leader in 2019? Use our online application portal today. The recognition deadline is March 31st.
New Recognition Criteria
- Aligns with EPA's new ENERGY STAR for Tenants recognition program
- Silver and gold recognition levels
- Silver level recognizes the implementation of green lease language in foundation corporate policies and standard lease forms
- Gold level recognizes the execution of green leases
- Reference guides for tenants and landlords to support participants in identifying and documenting their green leasing best practices and to earn recognition as Green Lease Leaders.
- Online lease assessment to allow tenants and landlords to quickly determine opportunities for improvement.
- Case studies and tip sheets
Online application portal
- The Green Lease Leaders website offers a streamlined application portal. Have a question about your application? Contact us here.
Have feedback? Send it our way.